Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 2



Hello everybody! Haha i have learned a lot since my last email so i wont make it so boring and long...my bad.

It was such a great and spiritual week. We were in a trio companionship last week but  we got a new member to our district Elder Kwak and they chose me to be his companion. He is from georgia but ancestors from Korea. so he is now my companion but I still hang with Bastien and Connell all the time too. We have such a good time haha and honestly laugh so much. So i had my first hard day in the MTC on Thursday and then as i was going back to class, the scripture Matthew 10:39 popped into my head and honestly I got so happy and it totally changed my day around. Other than that moment, it has been amazing. I memorized Joseph Smith's first vision en francais so that was fun. Haha so the French is going soooo great. Like i said last week, the gift of tongues is sooo real and it is helping out so much. But during this week we were teaching a familiy and i said "ton peche" which means "your peach"...instead of saying "ton peches" which means "your sins". So at the end of the lesson, mid testimony, i said "I know that Jesus Christ atoned for your peaches" and they started laughing so hard. Pretty funny and embarrassing and the sad thing is, i know that it wont be the last time i say something like that. So Saturday night, Elder Warner was having a really hard time about stuff and he asked me to give him a blessing and it was so spiritual. I got a feeling of love for him that i didn't know was possible and its crazy to think that our Savior has a perfect love for us. I cant even imagine it. So sunday was super awesome as well...President Merrill got released after 4 years of being a bishop in our zone so that was sad. But Brother Dowling is now our President and he loves basketball (he played at byu) but he loves Gonzaga so we have gotten along perfectly ;) So then sunday night, we watched the talk by Elder Bednar "Character of Christ" and it absolutely changed my life. Please everyone find a time to read it sometime this week. its amazing. So then yesterday i was curious about what the introduction of the Book of Mormon said, because ive never really read it before...and i started bawling half way through just because the spirit testified it was true. I used to never cry, but ever since arriving at the mtc i get teary eyed over so many things haha im such a baby :') The Book of Mormon is so amazing. Haha sorry im pretty much all over the place with this email. Also my mom came in so clutch yesterday with cinnamon rolls and everyone was crying when we tasted them because of how good they were and how much we miss home made food thats actually really good so thanks mom :) the mtc food isn't horrible but its not like amazing either haha. But thank you all soooooo much for the support and everything. I love this gospel so much and i am having an amazing time!! 
Scripture of the week Mosiah 17 8-10.
They gave Abinadi 2 options...
1. Deny everything he had said and they would let him live
2. Not deny it and thy would kill him
Read what he says its extremely powerful and if you ever doubt your testimony, its a great scripture to read. Anyways...love you all!!
Elder Wade



Matthew 10:39

 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: 
and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

Mosiah 17: 8-10
 For thou hast said that God himself should come down among the children of men; and now, for this cause thou shalt be put to death unless thou wilt recall all the words which thou hast spoken evil concerning me and my people.
 Now Abinadi said unto him: I say unto you, I will notrecall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true; and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that I have fallen into your hands.
10 Yea, and I will suffer even until death, and I will not recall my words, and they shall stand as a testimonyagainst you. And if ye slay me ye will shed innocentblood, and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day.

Character of Christ talk by Elder Bednar:
http://www2.byui.edu/presentations/transcripts/religionsymposium/2003_01_25_Bednar.htm



Here is Elder Miller and Elder David Maynard.  They all played basketball together during the summer for Utah Prospects.  Elder Maynard played for Herriman High School too.  


Here is Elder Miller again with Elder Dalton Nixon.  Elder Nixon entered the MTC last Wednesday.  Elder Nixon played basketball for BYU this year.  Jesse played with Elder Nixon in Jr. High for a year and then Elder Nixon moved to Orem.  Elder Nixon is going to Boston Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment