Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 60...Goodbye Elder Barnes

Saying goodbye to Elder Barnes

This email is coming a day later than normal because I was at the
train station here in Geneva all day helping missionaries get to and
from trains, and so we are just stopping by the church to send off a
quick email!

What a week full of so much emotion wow. I'm not going to do a day by
day this week though but I will send lots of photos to make up for it.
So transfer calls...! I'm staying here in Geneva for a 4th transfer
:):) I was so excited when President told me I would be staying again.
But, I was also super sad because Elder Battezzato got transferred to
Martigny and Elder Barnes (Jarom now haha) went home! So, I have 2
more companions now! Elder Keller and Elder Lutu! Elder Keller is from
Woods Cross and is in his 15th transfer. He is the other zone leader
with me here in Geneva and it is his first transfer as a zone leader
so I'm "training" him to be a zone leader. Elder Lutu is from Boise,
Idaho and is in his 4th transfer! Elder Lutu will be driving the car
for Elder Keller and I but he will also help us with all of our other
responsibilities! So voilà that's the news! They are both so great and
I am so stoked to be with them. It's going to be a great transfer.

Okay real talk it was pretty hard saying goodbye to Elder Barnes.
We've spent the last 3 transfers working as hard as we could here in
Geneva and we have seen so many amazing things happen. It's not
everyday that you get to serve as companions for 3 transfers with one
of your high school best friends. Honestly it was pretty special. I am
so grateful for him and for everything he taught me! Even after 3
transfers we would still look at each other and ask "What in the world
are we doing together here in Switzerland?" Haha we had some of the
greatest pillow talks of all time as well. I could go on and on and on
about what it was like, but I'll spare everyone. To be completely
honest, I had some of the greatest, funnest, funniest, most spiritual,
and most incredible moments of my whole life during the last few
months. I knew it would go fast, but looking back it went a lot faster
than I could have ever imagined. Elder Barnes I love you and I'm so
grateful we were companions.

At the same time it was super sad saying goodbye to my favorite
Italian on this planet! Elder Battezzato is seriously one of the
funniest people I've ever met. We got so close during the last
transfer and I know that I will be lifelong friends with him. He made
this last transfer so much better than it could have been if it was
only Elder Barnes and I (and I know Elder Barnes will agree with me
too.)  He is such a great friend and missionary and I'm happy we still
have time left on the mission together!

Again I am so excited to be with Elder Keller and Elder Lutu! This is
going to be such a fun transfer and we should have some great things
happening.

I will send lots of pictures because it was a very eventful week! Have
a great week!

I want everyone to know that I know that this church is true.

Elder Wade
Moroni 7:48

Moroni 7:48
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."
Our last contact together. Really cool. Merci elder Battezzato for the photo

Sending Battezzato off to Martigny

Last FHE at the fidalgo home together!

Saying goodbye to elder Burton


Duck face selfie pt. 2

Service at the Volpicelli home...turned into a big water fight haha

Geneva District meeting!

Salève District meeting!

 Last photo with Mandy and Atoussa

Last church selfie haha

Fidalgo family with the trio haha

No comments:

Post a Comment