Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 29 Marie Rose baptism and update on the attack on France





Hello family and friends! I do not have a lot of time today but I am
sending pictures still and pictures say a thousands words right? I
will just add the pictures to the bottom of this email! This week was
crazy so here is the quick recap!

Marie Rose was baptized :):) She asked me to baptize her and it was
absolutely an amazing experience. The day started out crazy as we
received a text from our President Brown telling us about the
terrorist attacks in Paris and that we weren't allowed to leave the
apartment for the day but eventually we got the green light for the
baptism so we went ahead with it. The baptism was performed in the
Mediterranean Sea and it was raining and blowing all morning and then
once the baptism time came it was perfect blue skies and then right
after it started to rain again. Really cool experience. After we got
out of the water I asked her how she felt and she said, "I know I have
found the fullness of the Gospel. I know God is there and I'm a
daughter of God." It was absolutely amazing. She is an angel. She has
had such a hard life and she told us that she finally feels the love
of Christ in her life. Gosh she's amazing. I am so happy for her and
for her decision. On Sunday Elder Richmond confirmed her a member of
the church and that was amazing as well. After, she got up and bore
her testimony on the spirit and on Joseph Smith and it was soooo
great. I'm not kidding when I say I had the biggest grin on my face
for 30 straight minutes :) She is amazing and I'm so happy for her.
Thank you for all of your prayers. I hope the pictures can explain
better than I can.

I'll give an update on our other Amis who are being baptized in 3
weeks. So Sylvia and Noel have scheduled a marriage date for the 28th
of November and then their baptism will be the week after. They are so
amazing and so ready. It's so amazing because their biggest goal isn't
even  baptism, it's a marriage in the temple. They were really touched
by our lesson on temples and want to be married their for time and
eternity. They are so amazing. I love them a lot. I am getting soooooo
excited for the Paris Temple that will be here soon. Wow that is going
to be an amazing day to have a house of the Lord on French soil for
the first time :)

We are teaching a lot of other people right now and working hard to
get them towards baptism and then eventually to the temple. The work
is amazing here and I've never been happier. Thank you for all the
prayers and support :)
Love,
Elder Wade

3 Nephi 22: 7-8

 For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee.
 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.








No comments:

Post a Comment