Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 66 &67 - Welcome "Blues"

Hello! So I wrote up a big email yesterday and for some reason it
didn't send! So here is a recap of the last 2 weeks in one email!

Week 1 was pretty crazy here, so here are a few of the main events!

Last Monday was transfer day! We hung out with all the departing
missionaries for the whole day which was really cool! We helped out
all the missionaries weigh their bags and get everything good and
ready to go! Then in the afternoon we all went over to Presidents
house and hung out and ate dinner! It was really hard and sad to say
goodbye to a few of the missionaries.

Tuesday was a completely different set of emotions than Monday! So at
about 10 we went and picked up 1 Elder from the airport! It was so
cool because this was an Elder who went home towards the beginning of
my mission...so it was so cool to see him come back out and want to
finish. I was really happy for him. So then the next few hours were
pretty crazy! We had a brand new group of 17 "blues" (new
missionaries) who were set to get into the Lyon airport at 11:15, but
their plane got cancelled! So the office staff and missionaries did an
incredible job and got all the of the blues train tickets from Paris
to Lyon! So the group got split into a group of 7 and another group of
10! The group of 7 got into the Lyon Gare at 2:00 and then the group
of 10 got in at like 4:00! It was so fun to meet the blues at the Gare
and welcome them into the mission and to feel their "blue fire" and
their desire to share the gospel! These blues were incredible though!
They asked so many questions haha it was great. There are going to be
some great missionaries come from this group. So we took them from the
Gare to the office where there were a few trainings, and then we took
them all over to President and Sister Brown's house and hung out and
played games and had a big dinner! After dinner, while all the blues
were being taken to their apartments, we met with President Brown and
talked about which blues would go with which trainers!

Wednesday was really cool because we had "Blues Conference" at the
Écully chapel! President and Sister Brown addressed them and then
Elder Landry and I had the opportunity to present to the blues on what
is happening in the mission right now! After that, all of the trainers
walked into the room and then the blues opened up an envelope that
told them where they would be assigned and who their trainer would be!
It was such a cool experience and it made me think a lot about when I
did the same thing at the beginning of my mission and found out that I
was going to Nice with Elder Boynton :) I was really grateful for the
experience to think back on the last 16 months and everything that has
happened! It's been such an amazing experience to this point and I
have learned so much about myself and my Savior. We spent a large part
of the rest of the week at the mission office doing things for
President! Voila that is a little bit of what happened during Week 1
of this transfer!

The rest of Week 1 was pretty tranquil and we had some time to do some
missionary work which felt like heaven. Okay so here's a little recap
of last week! (Week 2)

We started off the week on Tuesday at MLC! All of the ZLs and STLs
came her to Lyon and we were all taught by President and Sister Brown!
They talked a lot about obedience...it was great. Elder Landry and I
were able to present on teaching skills as well! So then after we
presented we took everyone up to this place that overlooks all of Lyon
called "Mont Thou" and had a really special experience up there!
President is so incredible. President talked about Captain Moroni and
the Title of Liberty and then on top of Mont Thou, President hoisted
up our mission "Title of Loyalty" and talked about devoting everything
we have to our missions. The spirit was so strong and I am so grateful
for what I was able to learn. After it all, President gave us all
about 30 minutes on Mont Thou to be alone and think about ourselves. I
used it as a "What lack I yet?" period and was able to really learn a
lot from the Spirit. It was a pretty amazing experience.

On Thursday we had zone training! We are apart of the Écully zone and
so we went and the Écully ZLs Elder Spoors and Elder Burri did an
incredible job! After zone training we had to drive all the way out to
Gex and pick up my legality...and guess what? They happened to be
closed on Thursday due to remodeling and stuff. Haha incredible how
that happens. But afterwards we drove into Genève and picked up the
Lausanne ZLs and drove them back to Lyon to start an exchange!
Honestly being back in Genève made me sooo sad though. I miss that
place so much. I met some of the most amazing people and had some of
the most amazing experiences in Genève! This sounds cheesy but I
seriously felt home sick when I was driving through! Those 6 months in
Genève went way too fast. I said this a few weeks ago and I'll say it
again...Geneva has such a special place in my heart!

So on Friday and Saturday we had back to back exchanges here in Lyon!
On Friday we were with the Lausanne ZLs and I was with Elder Stahl! He
is a huge stud and I learned a lot from him. We had a good time and
worked really hard and saw some really cool things. I really feel like
the Lord is blessing us to find people right now because of the
circumstance we are in with switching sectors and having to start over
from scratch! On Saturday we were with the Genève ZLs, which meant I
got to see Elder Keller again! I missed him a lot he's such a good
missionary. However on the exchange I was with Elder Underwood! He is
also a big stud and he taught me a lot of things. We had a very cool
miracle out while we prayerfully tracted! We were just about to stop
and then we felt like we should knock on one more door...so we did!
Long story short it is a family of 6 from the Reunion islands and we
were able to teach the restoration to them. The mom loved it so much
and she especially loved the idea of an eternal family. They leave on
vacation for 2 weeks, but she said she wants us to come back they day
they get back! It was really cool :) but yes Elder Underwood is a
stud. Good old Genève!

That's about it for the last 2 weeks haha. Sorry this has been so
long. This next week will be awesome because we have 4 exchanges with
different ZL equipes in the mission. I'm excited because that means
I'm going to learn a lot from the other missionaries.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how the gospel works and there
is a scripture in 2 Ne 2: 26-27 that I have loved lately. It made me
think a lot about if I am someone who acts, or gets acted upon? I know
that the only true way to happiness in this life is though living the
gospel of Jesus Christ.

Elder Wade

2 Nephi 2:26-27
 26 And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.

 27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment