Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 68 Third times the charm



Hello! Haha this week was pretty crazy. And the next few weeks will be
even crazier! Over the next 2 weeks we will be touring the mission
with President and Sister Brown for some conferences and this next
week will be pretty crazy! Here's the schedule...on Monday we are
driving to Brodeaux and on Tuesday we will be in Bordeaux, Wednesday
in Toulouse, Thursday in Montpellier, Friday in Aix-en-Province and
then Saturday in Lyon! It's going to be awesome and I'm really looking
forward to spending time with the Browns and all of our mission! So
here is a recap of the last week!

Haha okay so do you remember last week how I said that we drove all
the way out to Gex only to see that the place (the Préfecture) where I
had to pick up my legality was closed? The story continues!! So, on
Wednesday we had planned out with the Office that we would drive out
to Gex for the second time to get it. So we drove 2 hours out to Gex
and guess what? There was assign on the door that said they were
closed on Wednesday August 17 due to vacation haha!! So we drove all
the way out in vain! But as we know, the third time is the
charm....but it our case it nearly wasn't! So on Thursday we headed
back to Gex to get my legality for the third time! After a few hours
of driving we eventually got there...and this time they were actually
opened!! So as I walked up to give the lady all my paperwork, she told
me that I had everything that I needed except a few stamps that I was
supposed to buy, but I had no idea about! She looked at the clock and
said, "Well the place where you buy the stamps closes at 4:00. It's
down the road. Run!" Haha it was 3:56. Without even saying a word to
each other, we all ran out the door and down the road as fast as
humanly possible to get these stamps haha. So we literally showed up
at the place right as they were closing hahaha but long story short
they let us buy the stamps I needed!! It was so funny. So then we got
the stamps and ran back to the Préfecture and, at last, got my
legality card!! The lady working the desk thought we were so funny
haha so I took a photo with her while I was holding my legality card
just to remember the day! Voila!

I also had the opportunity to go on 2 exchanges this week! The first
one was on Tuesday and we were with the ZLs in Aix-en-Province! I went
with Elder Thorne from Logan, Utah! It was a great exchange and we had
a lot of cool things that we saw! While we were out, we contacted into
a 30 year old man and we started talking about families with him and
we told him that we know that families can be eternal forever! He
loved the idea and asked us how? So we explained that we believe the
church had been restored on the earth and this was one of the truths
that was restored. He asked us to find a bench and sit down and
explain it all to him! So we did. It went incredibly well and he wants
to see us again!
My other exchange was with the Bordeaux ZLs!! I went with Elder Barben
from Northridge! Back when I was in Nice and he was in St. Raphael we
were able to do some exchanges! So it was cool to be back together
after about a year! He's such a stud.

The work is getting a lot better and we found some people to teach
this week. It has been a little difficult lately because of the fact
that we whitewashed into a new ward, and all the members are on
vacation right now. So we have done a lot of contacting and porting!
But that's good stuff so ca va :)

Honestly a lot of random stuff happened this week but I don't have a
lot of time so write it all! It was an incredible week that's for
sure.

Moroni 10:32-33. I know with all of my heart that Jesus is the Christ.
He truly is the light and life of the world. Words can't really
describe how I feel, but I know with all sincerity that He lives.

Moroni 10:32-33
 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.







No comments:

Post a Comment