Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 19 New Companion Elder Anderson

New companion Elder Anderson!! Come photo haha

Hello family and friends! Probably the best week of the mission so
far. I know I say that every week, but honestly it just keeps getting
better! This week I saw so many miracles and some cool stories as
well! Thank you so much for the support and prayers! Okay here's a
recap of another week here in the greatest city on the earth ;) also,
really quickly we are changing apartments because of the bed bugs 

so if you need my new address contact my Mom or Dad.
Monday: Transfer Day! So we woke up and took a train to Marseille to
change comps and receive Elder Anderson. He's from Seattle and he's
awesome we are going to do some good work this transfer together! It
was sad saying goodbye to Elder Boynton after a solid 3 months
together but he will be great in Aix en Province and I'll see him
again at zone conference this transfer! But Elder Anderson and I took
the train back to Nice and had a really cool lesson with some people
about the temple for about an hour and they said they would go to the
one in Spain (they live there). So we got back, took all his luggage
to the apartment, wrote emails, and then we contacted a little bit and
then went chez nous and talked about our goals and stuff! Elder
Anderson is a great person and I'm excited to get to work with him
this transfer!
Tuesday: Such a cool day! So we spent our comp study doing a bunch of
role plays (greatest thing ever) and just doing like scenarios. So the
coolest thing happened with roll plays! We don't tell each other who
or what we are going to act like, so I contacted Elder Anderson in the
apartment and he acted like a Mom who had lost a baby and was super
distraught over it. And so after the roll play we discussed and talked
about it and then he said that he really felt like he needed to act
like that. Flash forward 3 hours and we are contacting on the busses
and I start at one end and he starts at the other and I contact into
this woman who just starts to absolutely cuss me out and tell me about
her life and about how she lost a baby and how if God existed he
wouldn't allow that to happen. As she said that I just started getting
teary eyed because I felt such amounts of love for her while at the
same time such thankfulness that we had roll played this exact
situation a few hours earlier and that Heavenly Father had inspired us
to be prepared for it. So I testified of the plan of salvation and
where her son was and the opportunity she would have to be with him
again. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had on the mission
and as I testified to her, I watched her whole demeanor change and she
suddenly became calm and really loving towards me and I knew in that
moment that the Spirit had genuinely touched her. She rejected the
offer to meet again, but I know that she felt the spirit and that she
needed to hear that message, even if she wasn't ready to accept it.
One day hopefully :) so yes, that was the cool miracle of the day!
Also, we visited the Cresto's and said Happy Birthday to Sœur Cresto!
I love that family and I know I say that in every email haha.  Solid
day.
Wednesday: Haha another funny/cool story this week...so I was
contacting on one side of the road, and Elder Anderson on the other,
and I contacted into someone and they read my name tag and just spit
all over it haha and as soon as it happened I felt so frustrated and
started steaming on the inside and and then as quickly as that feeling
came, this crazy peaceful feeling came over me and so I just said,
"Thank you have a great day," and walked away. It was a cool moment
because for a split second I was so mad and then right before I spoke
out about it I was comforted. So that was cool! But we also fixed a
few rendez vous on the street while we were out contacting, and then
we finished the day with a lesson with Sammy and Mary Jane. It's so
crazy to see how much they've changed over the last 3 months. They are
really praying and working hard to see if October 10th really is the
right day for them to be baptized! I love them so much.
Thursday: Another awesome day! So we had another cool story (sorry
this week was so cool.) So we had a lesson with a girl named Florence
at 2, and we showed up to her area at about 11:30 and so we just
contacted and contacted and after about an hour and a half nobody had
listened to us at all, so we decided to pray to ask Heavenly Father
where to go. Right after we prayed, we took a left, and then the very
first door we saw we were about to go knock on it except there was
literally a huge party going on and we heard a bunch of music and
people and so we almost didn't knock but then I just felt like we
should so we start knocking, and this guy answers and we tell him who
we are and all that stuff. We start talking to this guy about eternal
families and then he tells us that his dad passed away a few years ago
and it was super hard for him. So then I shared Mosiah 16:6-9 and he
really loved that scripture and then he asked,"Well what's that book
you read out of?" And boy did we tell him ;) after about a 40 minute
lesson on the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, he begged for my Book
of Mormon and I was carrying a spare one in my back pack so I gave it
to him and he promised to start reading it. He is going on a vacation
for a few weeks but he said he is going to read it as much as he can
until he returns! So that was sooo cool that right after we prayed for
a miracle, that happened! I know without a doubt this is Heavenly
Fathers work. So then on the train ride back from our lesson, some
girl grabs my back pack and tells me how she is looking for something
else in her life and wanted to know why I looked so happy and wanted
the same for her. So told her it's because of Jesus Christ and gave
her a Book of Mormon and we scheduled a rendez vous for this upcoming
week! It was such a cool day! Haha so then the rendez vous with
Florence there wasn't another man in the apartment, so we taught her
on her doorstep because we couldn't go it (it's a missionary rule you
can't have 2 Elders alone with 1 girl) and it went great! We talked
about the Book of Mormon and receiving a testimony of it! Another
solid day.
Friday: Haha this was a long day with not a lot of things. Because of
the bed bugs (yep I've kept it on the DL but now it's not only just me
getting bitten :) elder Burton is starting to get bitten as well haha)
so we are moving apartments this week and we are moving into the
Sisters apartment and they are moving into The Burtons (the senior
couple in Nice that left home last month) and so we helped the Sisters
with their bags and moving all their stuff. Then we went out
contacting and had no success haha but it was still super fun. Really
not a lot to write about Friday. Haha also as a prank for lunch, we
stuck the other elders name tags in jello. S/O to Jim and Dwight from
The Office.
Saturday: Such a solid day with the Ward! So to start off, we played
basketball with a bunch of Amis and Ward members in the morning! Then
after that, our DMPs family The Osborns took us out to lunch to thank
us for helping him move for 11 hours 2 transfers ago! Then after that,
we went to the church and were supposed to have a lesson but it was a
tombez vous, so we just helped out with the celebration for the
wedding of Tahiana and Amancay (2 people in the world who I love so so
much) and then we had the party right after and we hung out with the
Ward and just had a great time. Tahiana and I have become really close
over the last 3 transfers and it was so good to see him married. He is
such a stud (picture on the way) Honestly one of the funnest nights on
my mission! I literally can't explain to you how much I love this
Ward. Soooo much and it's amazing to see how strong some of the
members are here. Some of the greatest people I've ever met!
Sunday: Sunday funday! So we had church and it was great as always,
then after church we went and I gave a blessing to Soeur Carbonne (the
small cute grandma) and then after that, we went back to the church
and celebrated the birthday of Thomas Cresto (aka my Godson 😉.) I
know the Cresto's read my public email as well because of my parents
blog so I want to publicly thank the Cresto's for choosing me to be
Thomas' Godfather ;) I love you Frere and Sœur Cresto ;) so then after
that, we had a lesson on the street out contacting that was really
cool, and then we had a lesson with a less active! Just a solid day.

I was reading about the life of Jesus Christ this week and I came
across Luke 12:34 which says, "For where your treasure is, there will
your heart be also." I just love this scripture so much. It's so
important to always have our sights set on the temple. By building our
lives around the temple, and by making the temple our "treasure", we
will always have a purpose in this life no matter what else is
happening. For those of you that actually read this far ;)...I would
love for you to read Mosiah 2: 5-6 and tell me what that scripture
means to you.

Thank you so much for all the support. I love you guys dearly!

Love,
Elder Wade



Mosiah 2:5-6
And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being separate one from another.
 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them;

 Weekly pic with Cresto family on Soeur Cresto's birthday :)

 The Godfather and Godmother of Thomas ;) for those of you who
missed, in France you can literally be a godfather and they asked me
to be Thomas' 😊

 Saturday morning basketball pic!

Elder Andrew took this...when I hugged Tahiana after not seeing him
for a few weeks and after he was married!! 

Another pic with Soeur Carbonne and my comp after we gave her a
blessing :) so funny


No comments:

Post a Comment