Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 31! Marriage of Sylvia and Noel! (lots of photos)


 The newlyweds :)

Hello family and friends! What a great week with so much that
happened! We are seeing some amazing things happening here in Ajaccio
and the work is picking up and looking great. I'll start with the
recap :)
Monday: Transfer day! So we picked up Elder Hall in Marseille and I
love him soooo much! He is so Christ like and I'm going to learn so
much from him this transfer :) he's from alpine Utah and was big into
theater and arts! Love him. So basically we picked him up in Marseille
and then drove to Toulon and got back on Corsica Ferries and took the
boat to Corsica over night! And it was crazzzyyyyy! There was another
big tempête and the boat was honestly just going straight up and
straight down the whole night I felt so bad for elder hall as it was
his first boat ride and the worst one yet. But super cool :)
Tuesday: So we got back to Corsica on the boat and went back and got
elder hall unpacked a little bit, made transfer goals and all that,
and then went and introduced him and to Marie rose and then after we
had a rendez vous with Sylvia and Noel :) haha also we got threatened
by a bomb so that was a little sketchy but made a good story. Don't
worry mom, all is well :) but because of the rule over the mission
still because of the terrorist attacks we have to be back home by 5:30
so we got back and made calls to people. Also, Sylvia and Noel came
over and gave us some food which was super nice. I love them
Wednesday: Okay so cool story...elder hall needed a photocopy of his
ID to be a witness at the marriage of Sylvia and Noel and so we went
to a photo copy place and the guy (Sebastian) saw we were from Utah
and he said "Go Utah Jazz" haha so then I said "Go Rudy Gobert" (he's
a player on the Jazz from France) and so he got sparked and it turns
out he has an indoor gym and coaches some 17 year olds and he invited
us to play on Friday!! I was sooooo stoked. So yeah that was the
highlight of the day :) but then Sylvia and Noel came to our apartment
and we taught them about the importance of the Book of Mormon in
conversion and they are amazing. Other than that we contacted but
there wasn't a lot of success because it was raining the whole day and
people were in a hurry haha.
Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!! Haha what a great Holliday. I am so
grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I have learned
more than I can even begin to describe over the past 7 months and I'm
grateful for that. Haha we woke up that morning and looked in the
place where we store food (forgot the word) and all said "There won't
be a big thanksgiving meal this year" Hahahaha and so we ended up
eating chicken salad but it was so good and the best one ever ;) I was
thankful for it! Then we made cookies and went around and visited the
members and told them why we are thankful for them. It was so fun and
it was the best thanksgiving ever :)
Friday: I played basketball on an indoor court!!! First time of my
mission hahaha I was so happy honestly. So really quickly we ported a
little bit, then had a lesson with Sylvia and Noel. Then we passed
some other Amis who we are working with and trying to get more
serious. Then we played basketball :) on Wednesday elder Johnson gave
Sebastian my name and so the coach went and looked on YouTube and when
I got there they immediately told me to talk to the kids about hard
work following your dreams! it was cool because he owns the "Ajaccio
Basketball Club" and they had Boys and girls from ages 8-17 there and
there was probably close to 100 people there in total including
parents :) But after I talked to them we all went and scrimmaged and I
played against all their age groups and it was sooo fun. Honestly one
of the funnest moments of my mission. And then after we took pictures
and everything haha it was so fun. We will be going back this Friday
as well :) haha I was super happy.
Saturday: The marriage of Sylvia and Noel! :) Sylvia looked so
beautiful and Noel looked like the biggest stud! I was so happy for
them :) elder hall, elder Johnson and I were the witnesses for the
marriage so that was quite an amazing experience :) so after, they had
a party where church is and so we went for a little bit! But I want to
talk about how amazing Sylvia and Noel are....so basically there whole
family is super against the baptism. Like their parents, kids, cousins
everyone. So when we showed up we could immediately feel a dislike for
us, but Sylvia and Noel were the BEST. They bought Sparkling cider to
drink the whole night and I watched as their kids and siblings and
parents offered them wine and they just politely said no and drank the
cider :) honestly I can't even explain how happy I was for them. It
was like s huge dream come true to have a couple getting married so
that they could be baptized. I love them so much. Such an amazing
experience :)
Sunday: We woke up early and Sylvia and Noel met us at our apartment
at 6:30 and then drove 3 hours to Bastia to have church as a branch :)
it was super cool to all be united as a branch and in total we had 22
people! :) then we all ate afterwards. Also it was cool to see elder
Hansen from Davis get called as the 2nd counselor :) he is such a
stud. Then we drove back to Ajaccio and dropped Sylvia snd Noel off.
They were with us for 11 hours haha it was so fun. Sylvia sat up front
and we had a great conversation the whole trip. She's so incredible!
Then we went and visited Frere Colonna and gave him the sacrament. I
can't tell you how amazing he is...each Sunday he is dressed up and
has the bread and water with a white cloth already prepared. And he is
blind but he still does it. He bore his testimony to us last night and
I found myself with just tears in my eyes as he talked about being 30
years old and meeting the missionaries and talking about how he knew
it was true. The sincerity he has is incredible. I love him so much so
much!

Such a great week and it will be another amazing week to come! The
baptism of Sylvia and Noel is happening this Sunday and Noel has asked
elder Johnson to baptize him and Sylvia has asked me to baptize her.
It is going to be an amazing day. I am so excited and I want to thank
everyone for the love and support.

Elder Wade

D & C 97: 10-16 (emphasis on verse 13 because I am so grateful for
temples and it was Thanksgiving week so voilà)


D&C 97:10-16
10 Verily I say unto you, that it is my will that a houseshould be built unto me in the land of Zion, like unto the pattern which I have given you.
11 Yea, let it be built speedily, by the tithing of my people.
12 Behold, this is the tithing and the sacrifice which I, the Lord, require at their hands, that there may be a housebuilt unto me for the salvation of Zion—
13 For a place of thanksgiving for all saints, and for a place of instruction for all those who are called to the work of the ministry in all their several callings and offices;
14 That they may be perfected in the understanding of their ministry, in theory, in principle, and in doctrine, in all things pertaining to the kingdom of God on the earth, the keys of which kingdom have been conferred upon you.
15 And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and do not suffer any unclean thingto come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall rest upon it; 
16 Yea, and my presence shall be there, for I will come into it, and all the pure in heart that shall come into it shall see God.



 Signing the paper as a witness of the wedding! :)


Us sitting around during the ceremony


Her putting the ring on him :) 

 The reception


Right after the marriage. Us 4 witnesses.

 Picture with the U-16 Ajaccio basketball team!

 Talking strategy ;)

 Noel partied wayyyy to hard Saturday night during his wedding
because this was Sunday morning when we picked him up for church
Hahahaha

Thanksgiving meal!!! Aka homemade chicken salad haha

No comments:

Post a Comment